Tuesday 31 August 2010

Dawn's Wedding

A wedding is the all-out, hands-down perfect excuse for a dress up/knees up.  So here's a few pics of us doing just that: For those who are interested in the details - the wedding reception was a work colleague's (Dawn), a Scottish lass of blond hair, marrying her Canadian beau Matthew. 'Twas a lovely affair, and we were all well behaved (Me, Stufart, Michelle, Alan and Suvi). 

Then the five of us left the party and started our own alcohol-soaked version of a shindig at what is fast becoming my favourite local den of enchantment and debauchery - Rumba (Pipi may recall?!).  They serve delightfully cheap, yet head-twistingly strong cocktails and we all had far too many.  Behaviour subsequently deteriorated and the ratio between cocktails consumed and the number of headaches experienced the next day was an unarguable indictment of Tequila, Rum, Vodka, and all their cheeky, sudsy buddies.
Alan and Stu when it all looked rosy.
Michelle, me and and Suvi, all dolled up.
The irrepressible Harry, or Hairy as I like to call him.  You'd understand why if you saw the backs of his hands.  Tis a magnificent forest of hair.
The lovely, deleriously happy bride and groom doing the ol' cake cutting dance of lurve.
Jonathan, Michelle and me (but not in that order).
Boys are not to be trusted with the task of taking flattering photos (their excuse is always something super lame like 'but honey, you always look beautiful to me' pfff).  Michelle and I were forced to take matters into our own hands.
Speaking of flattering, check out these handsome devils.  Lettings negotiators never looked so good.  As you can probably tell by the shots below, Hairy is quite the poseur.
Hairy, Michelle and me.
OMG - who's been smooching my boy?!  Some hussy I'll bet.  Some fancy, red-lipped lady of the night no doubt, taking advantage while he slept.
The delightful Suvi, and the smelly Stufart.
Alan, me, Michelle and Suvi at Rumba.
Ahh, well that explains why he's so popular with the ladies - what a suave man he is.

Here endeth the lesson.  Too many cocktails make Stufarts look cute.  Awww, who am I kidding, he's pretty cute anyway. 

Soon enought I'll have simply hundreds of pics from the last week of the Fringe and Dearest katy's visit.  Stay tuned bloggers!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Looking so lovely & fabulous Mez! looks like you are having a grand old time. Hope the hangovers weren't too nasty, I do love a good wedding booze up! oxo