Tuesday 8 December 2009

Markets in Krakow


I know I've done this a number of times now - ie pictures of produce. But consider it my gift to my greatest love - food. Market places from around the world - the sheer joy of fresh markets compared to the sterile, plastic fantastic packaged supermarket. What could be better? Anyone who likes not the taste or sight of flesh should probably avoid a couple of these shots, but for the most part, they are innocent pohtis of fruit and veg. Yumoo! Thanks to Heather once more for the use of her amazing camera.

Although pretzel man could've smiled, the real treat was his delicious, scrumptious, hangover- curing bread.

Look away all ye vegmetariansims.

Markets. Starry indeed. heavenly.

Brilliant. Really should've picked up a pair for all my Avril-wannabees.

Polish sausage. So many jokes, so little time.

Polish words.

Bulbs, exciting. Don't judge me.

Shout out to all the dogs out there.




Stu spots a sausage.

Berry good. get it?


Almost prettier than the flowers I think.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Spectacular. Made me drool all over my keyboard.

I think you said it all with the "plastic fantastic" comment. What's better than fresh produce, plucked straight from Mother Earth then passed right into your hands? Still smelling the dirt....it's a turn-on, really.

Heather. Your camera rocks just as much as Poland does.

Laura said...

Although all the photos are beautiful, my favourite is the one of Stu, with his eyes popping out of his head as he looks at the polish food. brilliant.

Alex and Alex Aranchikov said...

ya-hum!!!!! gimme polish sausage and bagel right now! SO delish looking...

Although appealing in their own right, China markets are a little less tempting. Very interesting (ie - whole carcasses, heads, feet, unidentirfyable objects, dried delights ect), but its the breads, cheeses and salamis that make Euro markets oh so fan-fricken-tastic.

At that, I'm off to have vegetable soup for dinner. Which I was excited about until looking at these pics....

xox

Philippa said...

Yeah but in the Vietnamese markets there were barbecued dogs' heads...Gives your comment about "shout[ing] out to the dogs" a slightly different spin.

xx