Thursday 23 July 2009

The Day I Became a Statistic

Hello all. Well, the latest is this:

Today I am once again unemployed. Yes, it's true, after 3 months of anxiety, overwork and stupidly long shifts without breaks (ahem - legal?), I am out on the street.

Here's how it went down:
Boss from Hell (BfH): "I need you to work tomorrow"
Me: "Sorry, I really can't tomorrow, it's my only day off this week and I made plans."
BfH: "Right, I think it's time for your 3 month review"
Me: "ok....."

Summary:
BfH "You're basically a crap employee and you have your head stuck up you arse, and we expected more from you (ie to work 24 hours a day and lick the floor clean at the end of every function while taking bookings for 2015 all for $10 an hour).
Me: "Well then I thinks it's in no-one's interest for me to continue working here."

Upshot: I don't have to work another hellish shift Saturday (10am til midnight).

Downturn: I have no money, and no money coming in for next month.

Positive: I have a job interview for next Friday, and 2 appointments tomorrow with recruitment agencies for better work, and a couple of internships with museums/galleries to apply for.

So that's it. Game over crappy job. Game over. I loath failure, but I love sleeping in, so that's what I'm going to do on Saturday!

Love to all, stay safe and happy. I'm going to go ahead and reclaim happy for myself too.

4 comments:

Alex and Alex Aranchikov said...

Bummer Mez - I don't think I knew what the job was you were at though? It definitely doesn't sound like its worth stressing over.

You'll find something else - and in the meantime, back to bludgery!

xx

Beth said...

Sod 'em. Asshole bosses are the worst.

Only good thing about having such a shite job is LEAVING IT!!

I fantasize about it ALL. THE. TIME.

I would get into details about how much I LOATHE my boss, but seeing as how he e-stalks me and has mentioned how he's read my blog (which is odd because I was convinced you and the rest of our blogging group were the only ones who knew about it), I can't exactly write a post about it. He will, no doubt, track down this comment and fire me within the week...which would mean an extended stay in the U.K. come September 'cause I would not look for work until then anyway.

So really, this all sounds promising! Fingers crossed ; )

xoxo

B said...

Aw Mezzle, I feel for you chicken!
I too have been experiencing the joys of being screwed around with over here.
Anytime you need an escape to the French Riviera our door is wide open. I can't pay you, being unemployed myself, but we can drown our sorrows in beaucoup de vins!
Chin up - something better - much MUCH better - will come along.

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks